who can help me with the Italian words for Bleu Whale
eric
2009-03-15 19:10:50 UTC
Hello,
The Blue Whale fosh has several words in each language.
In English for exempla there are : blue whale, great blue whale,
silver bottom, sulphur bottom
in Fench : Baleine Bleue, rorqual bleu, grand rorqual, rorqual de
sibbald, rorqual à ventre cannelé, ventre d'argent, ventre de souffre

Is there anybody who can give me the italian words used for this fish
(Blue Whale)
Eric
Amelia
2009-03-15 19:15:51 UTC
Look here http://www.wordreference.com/enit/whale
--
questo articolo e` stato inviato via web dal servizio gratuito
http://www.newsland.it/news segnala gli abusi ad ***@newsland.it
FatherMcKenzie
2009-03-15 19:34:59 UTC
Post by eric
Hello,
The Blue Whale fosh has several words in each language.
Is there anybody who can give me the italian words used for this fish
(Blue Whale)
Dovrebbe essere balenottera azzurra
http://www.lasoffittadiluna.com/animali/Web1/Balenottera.htm
http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balaenoptera_musculus
--
Egerthésontai gàr pseudóchristoi kaì pseudoprofêtai, kaì dósousin semeîa
megála kaì térata hóste planêsai, ei dunatón, kaì toùs eklektoús:
electi: ecce praedixi vobis
Roger
2009-03-16 09:38:47 UTC
Post by FatherMcKenzie
Post by eric
Hello,
The Blue Whale fosh has several words in each language.
Is there anybody who can give me the italian words used for this fish
(Blue Whale)
Dovrebbe essere balenottera azzurra
O acciuga?
Non lo sapremo mai (cit.)

Ciao,
Roger
--
FAQ di ICLIt:
http://www.mauriziopistone.it/testi/linguaitaliana.html

"C'è solo una cosa che si frappone tra me e la grandezza. E sono io"
(Woody Allen)
abc

http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balaenoptera_musculus
abc
Fish?
felix...
2009-03-16 07:53:22 UTC
Post by eric
Hello,
The Blue Whale fosh has several words in each language.
In English for exempla there are : blue whale, great blue whale, silver
bottom, sulphur bottom
in Fench : Baleine Bleue, rorqual bleu, grand rorqual, rorqual de
sibbald, rorqual à ventre cannelé, ventre d'argent, ventre de souffre
Is there anybody who can give me the italian words used for this fish
Fish?
No, mamal.
felix.
--
Video meliora proboque, deteriora saequor.

Epimeteo
2009-03-16 08:15:47 UTC
Post by felix...
Post by eric
Is there anybody who can give me the italian words used for this fish
Fish?
No, mamal.
No, mammal.

Epy
--
"... I'd like to be
under the sea,

(cit. ittica?)
Davide Pioggia
2009-03-16 14:05:47 UTC
Post by Epimeteo
No, mammal.
=====inizio citazione=====
There are some preliminaries to settle.

First: The uncertain, unsettled condition of this science of Cetology is in
the very vestibule attested by the fact, that in some quarters it still
remains a moot point whether a whale be a fish. In his System of Nature,
A.D. 1776, Linnaeus declares, "I hereby separate the whales from the fish."
But of my own knowledge, I know that down to the year 1850, sharks and shad,
alewives and herring, against Linnaeus's express edict, were still found
dividing the possession of the same seas with the Leviathan.

The grounds upon which Linnaeus would fain have banished the whales from
the waters, he states as follows: "On account of their warm bilocular heart,
their lungs, their movable eyelids, their hollow ears, penem intrantem
feminam mammis lactantem," and finally, "ex lege naturae jure meritoque."
I submitted all this to my friends Simeon Macey and Charley Coffin, of
Nantucket, both messmates of mine in a certain voyage, and they united in
the opinion that the reasons set forth were altogether insufficient. Charley
profanely hinted they were humbug.

Be it known that, waiving all argument, I take the good old fashioned
ground that the whale is a fish, and call upon holy Jonah to back me.
This fundamental thing settled, the next point is, in what internal respect
does the whale differ from other fish. Above, Linnaeus has given you those
items. But in brief, they are these: lungs and warm blood; whereas, all
other fish are lungless and cold blooded.

Next: how shall we define the whale, by his obvious externals, so as
conspicuously to label him for all time to come? To be short, then, a whale
is A SPOUTING FISH WITH A HORIZONTAL TAIL. There you have him.
However contracted, that definition is the result of expanded meditation.
A walrus spouts much like a whale, but the walrus is not a fish, because he
is amphibious. But the last term of the definition is still more cogent, as
coupled with the first. Almost any one must have noticed that all the fish
familiar to landsmen have not a flat, but a vertical, or up-and-down tail.
Whereas, among spouting fish the tail, though it may be similarly shaped,
invariably assumes a horizontal position.
=====fine citazione=====

da: H. Melville, _Moby Dick_
--
Saluti.
D.
Bruno Campanini
2009-03-16 16:10:44 UTC
Post by eric
Hello,
The Blue Whale fosh has several words in each language.
In English for exempla there are : blue whale, great blue whale, silver
bottom, sulphur bottom
in Fench : Baleine Bleue, rorqual bleu, grand rorqual, rorqual de sibbald,
rorqual à ventre cannelé, ventre d'argent, ventre de souffre
Is there anybody who can give me the italian words used for this fish
(Blue Whale)
Eric
Balena blu!
And all Italians will understand what you mean.

Bruno